Why Curling? Why Join HCC?
There are many reasons to become involved with curling:
- Meet people and play with friends
- Curling is great exercise
- Curling is very affordable
- People of any age or ability can play
- Play against great competition
- Curling is fun
The Hanover Curling Club welcomes everyone interested in participating in the sport of curling. We have a variety of leagues to join and your membership allows you to play as little or as often as you want.
Benefits of Membership
- All members in good standing have voting rights.
- All members in good standing are eligible to sit as directors.
- Members are eligible to participate in our weekly 50/50 draws.
- Special in-club curling and social events.
- You are part of a longstanding organization within our community.
- Some of your closest friends will be from the curling club.
Curling is an affordable winter sport with several options to suit our members. There is a social membership fee of $100 which allows one to participate in club activities, vote for the Board of Directors, run for the Board of Directors, rent the facility, practice during designated times, clinics, and to be a part of a well established club with many friends. Cost to curl varies on age (Youth/Juniors vs adults), and the number of times that a person chooses to curl (eg. join Men's League and Thursday nights).
Membership forms include personal information, league choices, rates, liability agreement, volunteer policy and other information. Below are membership forms for:
All returning members are required to give a $100 deposit cheque with their membership. The cheque will be returned upon completion of 8 volunteer hours.
All new members are required to give a $100 deposit cheque as well, however they only need to complete 4 hours.
Volunteer hours run for the entire calendar year (not just the curling season). Volunteer opportunities include maintenance and cleaning within the club, catering (meal prep and clean-up), running bonspiels, bartending for various events, etc.